This is the tutorial guide used on 8/10/11 in the Climate Modeling Workshop.
Since the workshops at Dickinson College- video tutorials have also been produced.
Check out the Tutorial Videos here.
What is Terra Viva?
2011 TerraViva! SEDAC Viewer has been updated with a wide range of new SEDAC data. This map viewer and standalone software application (Microsoft Windows-based) uses a powerful data-viewing engine and tools to enable the visualization and integration of hundreds of socioeconomic and environmental variables and layers, including a range of satellite-based data. TerraViva! is of primary interest to researchers and analysts working in a variety of areas, from environmental and ecological sciences to the social and health sciences.
What Makes the TerraViva! SEDAC Viewer Unique?
- Easy to use.
- Global data viewing engine lets users examine hundreds of variables.
- Dynamic color-coded maps for faster quick comparison of countries.
- Support for rendering maps in more than fifteen different geographic projections.
- Create customized maps and charts.
- A library of maps by theme: population distribution, land cover, physical geography, and more.
- Gazetteer geographic locator can pinpoint cities, states, provinces, countries, water bodies, and weather stations.