We generally think of exploring the oceans by looking at new areas. But exploring change in the oceans requires exploring the oceans in time as well as space.
• How can we use existing data and tools to explore change?
• What new measurements and observing systems will be necessary to explore change?
• How can we use existing data more effectively to detect and understand change and to use these insights for management?
• What role do models play in exploring change and management?
• What data systems already exist, what else is needed to provide al stakeholders with access to the information required to manage the oceans in the face of change?